Breakdown by BetaM.
This batch of 6 screenshots was released on the internet at the same time the game was revealed, on March 25th, 2004:
- The raft slide is missing.
- Spikes on the upper ring of the arena are missing.
- The camera is unlocked in the boss fight.
- The previous chunk is visible instead of unloaded.
- The wumpa counter is displayed in text, using the Crash Nitro Kart font.
- The path in the background is missing crates.
- Cavern Catastrophe appears to begin as Crash with Cortex.
- The crashed hoverboard is missing.
- Crash and Coco's houses appear to be positioned differently, in an alcove, rather than among trees.
- There are crates near Crash's house.
- A monkey and a wumpa tree reside near Crash's house.
Soon after, 2 more screenshots were released:
- This part of Totem Hokum's Doc-Amok doesn't appear in the game.
- Crates are placed differently, with the Aku Aku crate being before the bridge and some upcoming crates missing.
- A piranha plant exists before the sliding tutorial.
- The Shieldbearer Tribesmen appear to be missing from the slide tutorial area.
- The door style of the lab is the instant opening one instead of the rotating logo type.