Breakdown by BetaM.
The following screenshots were released at some point between the game's reveal and E3 2004.
Their builds are mostly between the December 2003 build and the Trailer #2 build.
- The farm is located on the ground.
- The camera during the worm minigame is not locked.
- The timer displays only seconds, is located near the middle of the screen, and is displayed using the old CNK-like font.
- The camera during wall jump sections isn't locked.
- There are no snow particles or trails.
- The path split appears to have had a cutscene.
- The HUD uses the old CNK-like font.
- Classrooms have an unlocked camera.
- There appear to be crates (destroyed in the shot) and wumpa fruit guiding the player out of the room.
- The corridor appears to have a different layout.
- The floor in Classroom Chaos has no reflections.
- This appears to be the demo's hub, although it's missing Cortex in the center.
- A screenshot of a cut lava based interior.
- Nina lacks a proper shadow.
- A screenshot of the old version of Slip Slide Icecapades seen in the old footage with a different camera angle.
Finally, some screenshots of unknown origin, submitted to Crash Mania:
- The native village with a different layout, likely on the other side of the river from where the entrance is.
- Cavern Catastrophe starts with Crash alone playable.
- The crashed hoverboard is missing.
- Crunch is misplaced and rotated wrong.
- Tiny is slightly misplaced.
- The first weathervane appears to be missing.